- What type of blouse did the Ozark pioneer women wear?
- What material were their buttons made out of?
- What colors were available in fabrics?
- What fibers were the fabrics made from?
- Were the skirts made with gores, straight A-line or ruffles?
- How long did they wear their skirts?
- What sort of head coverings were worn?
- What undergarments were worn under the skirts?
- Were embellishments, such as crochet lace collars ever worn?
- What were the differences between Sunday best and work clothes?
I have found many wonderful web sites on the Ozarks that I wish had more pictures.
I've taken side visits to other clothing sites. I went off on one tangent and looked at beautiful Irish crocheted laces.
lacismuseum.org/exhibit/Irish Crochet Lace.pdf
But I still can't find my answers. If any of you have ideas, please make a comment, or send me an e-mail... right now, I'm about researched out.
Maybe I'll find out the answers tomorrow, now its off to bed!