Monday, December 09, 2013

When life gives you snow... Make a photo shoot!

I've been working these last several days, while we've been snow-bound, to get everything I had ready for Christmas Showcase up in the Common Threads etsy store. I've been busy taking pictures and typing up descriptions. 

Our house kitties, who never go outside, have spent the last two days exhibiting all the signs of cabin fever. They've been racing around the house, quibbling with each other and knocking things over. So, I was having a really hard time figuring out where I could set up a photo booth to take pictures of my shawls. My son, Arjuna, suggested I take them out in the snow for pictures. 

It worked great! The diffuse light shows off the weave and the whiteness of the snow lets the colors show true. I'll have to photograph my new shawls every time it snows. 

No comments: