Sunday, February 24, 2013

Call him Ishmael

Ishmael, the first baby angora goat of 2013. Born 2-22-13.
We had our first baby of the 2013 season born while I was shepherding the Ozark Quilt Retreat on Thursday. Lena texted me pictures. We shared the news with friends via Facebook. And I put out a call for "I" names. Ichabod was Lena's favorite name among the more than 17 submitted. But, when I got to meet the little guy on Friday night, I knew he was Ishmael.

Ishmael is the center of everyone's attention. He sleeps between his Mama-mama and his Mama-llama. His daddy thinks he's really cool. And even the dairy goats are intrigued by the little guy. With all this attention, he's going to grow quite the attitude.

Luckily, his mom and dad are both gentle and sweet, so I expect the same from Ishmael.
Ishmael and his Mama-mama and Mama-llama
The whole flock seems to adore the little guy.

No comments: