Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happy Birthday to me Cheesecake

My very favorite dessert-type food, other than plain berries or maybe peaches, is cheesecake. New York baked cheesecake to be specific.
Baked Cheesecake on tie-dye.
Now, I don't eat processed sugar any longer, or white flour, but I just made a really awesome creme fraiche, and it's my birthday, and I wanted cheesecake. So I made one, and it is the best cheesecake I've ever eaten. Shawn even agrees. I'm trying to share the recipe here, but keep in mind that I  make my own cheese and I do cook with a "little of this and a pinch of that" so... your mileage may vary.

Jen's birthday cheesecake

Crust
1/2 cup real butter
1 1/2 cup War Eagle Organic White Wheat Flour
1 Farm fresh egg
1 Tablespoon honey

Preheat oven to 350, melt butter in your largest quiche pan as you preheat the oven. When butter is melted, pull pan out of oven and add flour, egg and honey. Mix thoroughly. Pat down in pan and up sides. Prick crust with fork and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and raise oven temperature to 475 degrees.

Filling
2 1/2 pounds creme fraiche
7 eggs
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup goat milk

Blend ingredients well and whip up smooth and fluffy. Pour into crust. Bake at 475 for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 200 and bake one hour. Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in there for another 6 hours. Then chill over-night before eating.

Simple and super delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope it was a wonderful one. I love reading your blog and check it every day to see what is going on on the farm! :)