Sunday, August 25, 2013

Thanks to the Lazy Goat String Band

Only in Mountain View...

A couple weeks ago, I was visiting with the members of the Lazy Goat String Band as they packed up after a set. The talk turned to goats. Emily Phillips is the fiddle player for this very talented group. Her mom, Christi, mentioned that they might have a few of their registered Alpine namesake goats for sale. 

Yesterday, I again visited with the group after a great set of music. Samuel Blake has a delightful new gourd banjo. I cut short my admiring the banjo to ask about the goats. (Sorry Samuel!)

Yep, they were still for sale. And I fell instantly in love when I met them. Meet Latte' and her daughter. Christi said I should let Shawn name her Isabell. 

The music of Mountain View brought me back my Alpines. I am so blessed to live here. 

No comments: