Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Time wishes, not bucket list

At conference I recently attended had big sheets of paper with questions written  in big letters on the top of the page, and markers for anyone who wanted to write their answer below. 

During breaks everyone wandered about to see what the questions were and write their answers one any they wanted. This generated some great discussions. 

One was "What's one thing on your bucket list?"

I thought and thought. I don't have a bucket list. I am blessed to have a life that is full to overflowing. I have a farm I love; a busy career that keeps me entertained; an art the gentles my soul; and family and friends that love and care for me. 

I grew up around the world as an Army brat and I get to travel a lot for my job. My parents always told me I could do anything I set my mind to and worked toward - and I have. 


I don't have a bucket list, but I do have an "Only if I had more time... list. "

If I had more time (or more energy within the time I have...) -

I would paint my bathroom cerulean blue. And tile its floor, and move the cabinets. 

I would be getting my winter garden ready. 

I would participate in NANOWRIMO. 

I would spend time getting together with and visiting my neighbors. 

I would write more thank you notes. 

I would get raspberries to grow. 

I learn what it is like to have a day without a to-do list. 

This list could get very long - and then it would look like a to-do list. 

So, enough musing, back to the whirlwind of my very full, very wonderful life. 

No comments: