Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Are you moved yet?


Are you moved yet?
I keep hearing this question. It's chatty, positive and friendly. The answer is "no". And yes, everybody has offered to help. I just can't figure out how to fit that help into the schedule!

I actually did write up a schedule of loads/packing/fence building and animal moving. And we are pretty much on schedule, with the final clean up in Meadowcreek finishing over the New Year holiday.
The animals are a primary consideration, with comfortable sleeping space for humans coming a close second. As soon as we move the first flock of animals to Haven Croft we have to divide the human forces, because someone will need to be spending the night with the animals at the new place and also with the ones at the old place.

I am wrapping moving around my work schedule. Last week I put in more than 64 hours at work. Then I go home and load the truck with Lena's help. We finish chores, milk and fall into bed. Then in the morning, I fret because the truck isn't full, putter around trying to find more stuff to fill it and head in to work - now running late. After work, I stop by Haven Croft and unload the truck.

Shawn is busy trying to finish filling orders and restocking his broom shop for the upcoming Ozark Holidays craft show at the Ozark Folk Center. He's having trouble with the local hardware store not getting him the right parts and his workshop is still a hard hour's drive from town. We really need to take the time to put walls on the carport at Haven so he can move his workshop down to town.

Today, Arjuna is down for a visit and to help. As soon as he and Lena get chores done in Meadowcreek and get Lena's car loaded (probably with more books!) they are going to come into Mountain View and I'll take a long lunch to work on finishing the angora goat pen and shed. Even though it's a cold and dreary day, I'll try to take some pictures.

We're looking at being moved enough to invite everyone for a potluck gather on Dec. 19. I'll keep you updated on how it's all going.

Thanks to everyone for your best wishes and positive thoughts. Now - I've got to get back to work!

No comments: