Thursday, February 04, 2010

Job description

One of our projects for this winter at the Ozark Folk Center is for each of us to write out our job duties to be compiled in a Job Book, both to let new people get up and running more easily and to be able to justify our jobs to the "higher-ups".
I've been trying to write up my job since November and am finding it to be one of the toughest things I've ever written. Just today, my job ranges from doing budget analysis in Excel; to coordinating with maintenance crews about frozen pipes; to scrubbing the gunk off the floor in the General Store so we can coat it with boiled linseed oil; to finishing a press release about upcoming Folk School classes; to contracting with a cowboy poet for performing on our Cowboy weekend.
My job is to make sure that everything is arranged behind the scenes and to make sure that everybody has what they need so that our visitors can play and have fun... why can't I just write that?

Because my job is the details. sigh :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your job description should be short and sweet and read "I do it all".

Unknown said...

I think your job description should be short and sweet and read "I do it all!".

Amy said...

I agree....