Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Nilly's newest present

Nilly had this beautiful little ewe lamb at about 5:15 tonight.

She's a beautiful little girl with long, long legs.
The end of August, Nilly-bit talked Dapper Dan into jumping the fence. After that incident, we built a stronger fence between Dan-man and the main flock, but we knew Nilly was expecting.

This evening, as I was pulling in the driveway after work, Lena called me to say that Nilly had her baby. I took towels up to the barn after I'd changed into wellies.

Lena dried off the little girl who is all legs and a pretty face. The lamb was up and toddling in less than 15 minutes. She was nursing right away.

Some of you know Nilly. She's been part of our flock since she was born in 2003 and one of the most special sheep we've ever had.

I'm thinking maybe we'll name the lamb Hannah.

No comments: