Wednesday, August 01, 2012

My September garden

Tomato, basil and night blooming jasmine cuttings rooting on the
kitchen window sill. The blue bottle just makes me happy,
I've always thought cobalt blue glass was one of the prettiest things
in the whole world.
With temperatures consistently hitting 100 and no rain to speak of, I've moved what I can of my garden In to my kitchen. I'm still watering the blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, jerusalem artichokes and fig... and I hope they make it. This morning, in the light of the full moon, I planted Black Prince tomato cuttings that I'd rooted and both sweet and Thai basil. I also have more cuttings started. I'll be traveling a lot in August, so this will make it easier to take care of things when I'm home and less to leave with Shawn and Lena.In September, I plan to plant chard, like I did last year, kale and other winter greens, as well as my rooted cuttings. Maybe some beets and... it'll be like having a second spring, I hope. I'll let you know how it goes.


These Black Prince tomato cuttings are rooted and now
planted so that I can feed them.

No comments: